Monday, May 26, 2008

No undies today!!!

May 20 -24

Sorry.................no undies today.......but a grandad for a giggle!

Last week was all about noise............and more noise, with the result that yours truly became extremely irritable and welcomed the blessed peace of Saturday with open arms.

The week began with more work on the driveway with the boxing removed and more metal spread to raise the level ....................just the thing for Grandad to bring home his new baby to.

She is a Nissan Tiida and her colour is Coral Sand.............very fancy ( and I still haven't driven it because I'm too scared I'll put the first scratch on it!!).

The tiles in the front entrance were laid but no picture yet because they haven't been hosed off.

The mole hills disappeared but only to be replaced by even bigger mounds of dirt...........truckloads of top soil carted in and dumped...............and spread.


The fence behind the magnolias has gone.
Sometimes it doesn't seem like it but I guess progress is being made. I long for the day when something is planted...........then I'll believe this construction site is actually a garden.

In other news today................spent yesterday at the Morrinsville netball tournament. Jessica's team did extremely well making it through to the finals where they met their first defeat.

Alice has gone to the vets ....took her in last Friday because she seemed off colour and I was worried she'd caught something nasty from the cottage kitties but the vet discovered two bad teeth which are the likely cause of her problem so she's gone back to have them seen to.

Apologies if you didn't receive my email about the blog..............Joanne says she never got it so it might be Nana's inability to send an email to more than one person at fault. Will have to try again.

8 comments:

Monique said...

Woohoo the car is looking very swish...bout time Nana got behind the wheel and took it for a burn down the road but!!

sympathise about the noise...brings back memories of the house extension building racket of Hartis ave...sometimes you just gotta get out of the house...good excuse to go for a pootle in the new car...or invest in ear plugs lol!!

Hope wee Alice is doing ok, once those teeth are out she'll be feeling much better...and so will the vets bank account heh, heh!!!

Love seeing the pics...keep up the good blogging...hmmm better update mine with something then i spose!

nozzleguy said...

nice pad!

NZ Toomeys said...

Carol, Let me introduce you to Nozzleguy (my cousin Chris from Saint John, New Brunswick). I see he's introduced himself already - typical. If he gets anywhere near your house, put a lock on the beerfridge. Love the new car!

Mouse said...

Guess what .......... I noticed a Nissan yesterday down my road, with the Toomey sticker on it ......... when I mentioned the place to you ages ago, I totally forgot that it was a Nissan dealership!!!!

Loving the pics, looks like you're gonna have a huge amount of space to plant up!

nuclearwasted said...

Hey folks a place that large should be powered by a Candu reactor, give me a holler and I'll see what can be worked out, providing I'm the chief engineer of course.

NZ Toomeys said...

OMG Carol - More of my cousins on the blog - Let me introduse Nuclearwasted (aka Jeffrey). Your mission should you chose toaccept it is to never let him and Crazy get together (the waikato just wouldn't cope and the brewery here isn't big enough).

NZ Toomeys said...

ps - Nuc - NZ is Nuclear free...

nuclearwasted said...

with oil @ 150 Canadian a barrel and climbing, not for long me thinks.